Latest stories of our network
hacker:HUNTER Cashing In, Episode One
"ATMs hold cash, and that makes them attractive for criminals." The opening statement of this episode sums up what the whole mini-series is about. While criminals around the world try to get to the money in cash-machines with hammers, explosives, excavators or other heavy gear, the Carbanak gang found a more elegant and stealth way. They would hack into bank networks and monitor the activities there until they understood how to trigger the machines remotely to spill out all the money.
Episode 1 explains how security researchers were alerted to it, how they brought international police forces into the investigation and why the method of attacking ATMs is called Jackpotting after a researcher named Barnaby Jack.
- Tomorrow Unlocked > hacker:HUNTER Ha(ck)c1ne ›
- Tomorrow Unlocked > COVID fake news and false hope ›
- Tomorrow Unlocked > Hacking a bank for security reasons ›
- ATM Hacking Has Gotten So Easy, the Malware's a Game | WIRED ›
- The Wonderful Life and Strange Death of Barnaby Jack ›
- Barnaby Jack - Wikipedia ›
- RIP Barnaby Jack: The hacker who wanted to save your life - The ... ›
- Jackpotting: hackers are making ATMs give away cash | Technology ... ›
- First 'Jackpotting' Attacks Hit U.S. ATMs — Krebs on Security ›
- What Is ATM Jackpotting? — ACFE Insights ›
- What is ATM jackpotting? - Definition from WhatIs.com ›
- What Is ATM Jackpotting? And How to Protect Yourself | Money ›