Latest stories of our network
Who knew at the beginning of the year that most of us would be sitting and working from home? And though some of us were familiar with remote work or planned home office days regularly, many entered a whole new aspect of work. If you ask me, I think many companies will allow more of their employees to work from home more often, as they see that there is no lack in work ethics or quality – remote workers even tend to be more productive, as they can schedule their time more flexible. But where there is light, there is also darkness: As more people start working from home, cybercriminals see increasing chances in stealing our data. Therefore, it is important to not forget that you are also handling important and critical information at the home office. But how can we manage to work efficiently and at the same time stay safe online? We at Tomorrow Unlocked got you covered!
What We Love About Remote Work
It is no longer a secret that people are more productive when working at home. A huge benefit of remote work is that it may decrease physical and mental health issues, because work-related stress such as commuting is reduced, and people can find jobs in different areas, even when living in economically disadvantaged regions or countries. It could also be a great driver of helping young mothers or fathers who need to work from home in order to take care of their kids. Remote work opens up so many opportunities for professionals all over the world and gives them huge flexibility to build their work around their personal life and not the other way around.
Remote Work: Trends and Technology
To be able to work remotely you need to have the appropriate devices. You cannot work outside your home office if you only have a desktop pc or take a call from your boss if you have no landline or mobile connection at your location. Most of the time
s your company will provide you with the mobile devices you need: laptop, smartphone, smartwatch or tablet. Some companies allow you to work with your own private devices which is called "BYOD" and stands for "Bring Your Own Devices" (not to be mistaken with BYOB), which is ideal and employer- friendly, as you can choose those devices you like to work with depending on your situation.
Cloud software is one of the most important topics when working remote. You need to be able to share your data with your team fast and connect with them even faster, and the more you work at home the more you will enjoy working with collaboration software like Microsoft Teams or Slack.
Risks of Remote Work
The more we work from home the more cyber
Safe Remote Work
As bad as the risks sound there are easy ways you can keep your data secure:
- Avoid any suspicious links or applications if you don't know the source
- Always keep your software up-to-date and switch on your firewall
- Stay alert online! Read links and service agreements carefully and only use certified and secure programs or websites: e.g. do not put in your login data if it clearly says facebokk.com in the URL, please…
- Switch on password protection and use Face ID or Touch ID
- Encrypt your devices
- Make backups on a regular basis
- Install and turn on tracking applications for your devices: e.g. find my iPhone
- Enable remote access to your devices
- Educate yourself to stay up to date and aware of current threats
For disabled people, high-tech assistance systems are breaking barriers. Competitors in multi-sport championship Cybathlon are showing how these technologies are changing the game.
- Cyberprosthetics: How technology augments humans | Kaspersky ... ›
- Tomorrow Unlocked > The joy of getting your leg back ›