Latest stories of our network
When the lockdown hits Bali, a group of four creatives from around the world are suddenly stuck together. Going home is not an option, so they try to stay creative and productive while the new reality slowly sinks in...
Directed by Lara Maysa Ingram
Produced by The Community Creatives
As amazing as Onekotan was - we lost gear and (more tragically) footage
What's becoming quite obvious is how, constantly close to the edge, we are of losing the technology we depend on to not only document #FromKurilsWithLove, but also to share the story as it unfolds with the world. The dependency is as tangible as its nerve wrecking. Being on a boat and near water almost constantly, while pushing the limits of the technology that is being used - even the smallest mistake can mean loss of production gear, which is replaceable, but what's worse: losing an important part of the story.
Taylor Rees is a documentary filmmaker, photojournalist, and avid adventurer. She is driven by an insatiable curiosity to explore and share stories beneath the surface to bring about greater understanding around natural resource conflicts, climate change, conservation, and human rights. She holds a Masters degree from Yale in environmental management and anthropology, giving her stories a rigorous scientific and social justice background. She has shot and directed doc films for clients including The North Face, National Geographic, and United Nations.
- Taylor Rees | Facebook ›
- Taylor Rees ›
- Taylor Rees Has Learned the Art of Suffering for a Story | Outside ... ›
- Taylor Rees - Environmental Anthropology Research // NSF - Yale ... ›
- Renan Ozturk and Taylor Rees Profile - Gear Patrol ›
- Dating in the Outdoor Industry, As Told by Four Power Couples ... ›
- Taylor Rees Biography - Natural World Safaris ›
- Meet mountaineering filmmaker and “natural rebellious spirit” Taylor ... ›
- Telling Stories Together | Taylor Rees | TEDxJacksonHole - YouTube ›
- Taylor Rees (@taylorfreesolo) • Instagram photos and videos ›